Donate SIGN UP

Broken toilet

Avatar Image
Steb | 14:39 Sat 07th Jan 2006 | Home & Garden
4 Answers

My toilet appears to be leaking from the rubber seal between the u bend pipe from the pan, and the pipe into the wall.

How can I fix it. Help!



1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Steb. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

It may just need pushing on a bit further if that is possible, if not you can buy them (they are called pan connectors) from most diy places for about a tenner.

Question Author

Cheers Jono.

And is it pretty straight forward to fit?

yes, dead easy, slip the ribbed end into the soil stack,

and the other end over your toilet oulet, you sometimes get a little tube of lubricant so it slips on better, just make sure you get the same one as you are replacing as they do them in different angles and different lengths.

These connectors don't normally just start leaking for no reason. Is the pan loose? The water could also be dripping from above from cistern condensation or leaking flush pipe or connector. To change the pan connector requires the cistern to be disconnected and the fixing screws in the floor removing, if it is cemented in you have an even bigger problem. Dry it all off first and identify where the leak is exactly before removing anything, could save a lot of work.

1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Broken toilet

Answer Question >>