Donate SIGN UP

Setting Up A Trust Fund For Adult Son

Avatar Image
Karamia | 20:14 Sun 13th Nov 2022 | Law
3 Answers
Is there any way to set up a fund following my death for my autistic adult son so that (apart from leaving house to him alone so he has roof over head with no mortgage) he is only given lump sum at a rate for example of £1000 a month. Just so he won't spend all in a few minths/years but will actually have enough to pay bills and eat each month?


1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Karamia. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
yes through a trust fund....with appointed trustees able to adjust the sum for inflation and if he had any unforeseen expenses, like health or care, that needed covering. Have a word with a local lawyer.....
Yes. Google will bring up some providers, or see a solicitor.
I'd suggest a disabled person's trust with trustees appointed so that they can advance money to him as the need arises. I think you ought to see a solicitor specialising in wills - preferably a member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners).

1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Setting Up A Trust Fund For Adult Son

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.