Donate SIGN UP

piaggio mp3 400cc & piaggio mp3 lt 400cc

Avatar Image
lizpiran | 01:48 Tue 28th Jul 2009 | Road rules
2 Answers
i understand the LT does not require a motorbike licence and that B1 of car driving licence is sufficient.
the DVLA told me that this was true of the non LT. can anyone confirm this for a 2008 model?


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by lizpiran. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Category B1 includes all "motor tricycles / quadricycles, three or four wheeled vehicles with an unladen weight not exceeding 550kg".

Since the non-LT MP3 (= MP3 400ie) has a running weight of 238Kg, it seems to fit into that category: p3_rst_400/default.aspx
(Click 'Technical Specifications').

The only way I can think of for you to know wether it is legal or not is by checking what road tax category it is under. If it is in the Tricycle category you will be ok with a car licence, if it is taxed as a Motorcycle you must have a motorbike licence to ride it.
You can check by looking at the tax disc or the registration document.

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

piaggio mp3 400cc & piaggio mp3 lt 400cc

Answer Question >>

Related Questions