Donate SIGN UP

someone who is promoted above their station

Avatar Image
rebelboy | 15:57 Sat 14th Nov 2009 | Word Origins
6 Answers
Anyone know the single word that describes someone who is promoted to a position above their capabilities? I thought it started with a Q but cannot find any reference to it.


1 to 6 of 6rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by rebelboy. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Google "The Peter Principle" - I can't see a single word that relects this!
Question Author
I read it somewhere a few weeks ago and checked in the dicko,but have now forgot it!! typical.
which dictionary?
Question Author
Collins English Dicko
In the Company I worked for, they were generally referred to as 'Numpties', though this term is probably more often used north of the Border

1 to 6 of 6rss feed

Do you know the answer?

someone who is promoted above their station

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.